Contrary to popular belief, it’s not the number of crunches you do that determines if you have six pack abs or not.
It’s the layer of fat and skin that covers your abdominal muscles.
You could have strong, toned muscles, but if your stomach is bloated or covered with fat, those muscles will never see the light of day.
If you want your six-pack to shine through, one of the ways to lose belly fat is to cut these 11 foods out of your diet:
1. Candy – It tastes delicious, but this sugar-filled treat will prevent you from having a flat stomach.
2. White Flour – Because it’s highly-processed, white flour has no nutritional value.
3. Soda – Full of dyes and sugar, this fizzy beverage is brimming with calories that will stick to your waistline
4. Potato Chips – This crunchy treat is tasty because it’s soaked in unhealthy oils and fats. Not to mention the salt that promotes water retention and bloating.
5. Cheese – Adding flavorful cheese to your meals also adds fat.
6. Cookies – Even low-calorie cookies are full of sugar that can easily turn into fat. And the first place it goes is usually your stomach.
7. Fatty Meats – Beef, bologna, pork and other high-fat meats have no place on your shopping list if you want a flat belly.
8. Whole Milk – It tastes better than 1% or skim–that’s for sure–but whole milk adds fat and cholesterol to your diet.
9. Alcohol – A 12 ounce beer has about 150 calories. You may enjoy it now, but the extra time you have ways to lose belly fatto spend at the gym to burn it off may make you question if it was really worth it.
10. Chocolate – Dark chocolate can be good for your health, but chocolate shouldn’t be part of your diet if you want to lose belly fat.
11. Fried Foods – Some fried foods are made up of more than 50% fat! If you wanted a toned, trim belly, avoid these foods at all costs!
A Flat Belly, a Healthier You
Trimming belly fat definitely has some outward advantages.
It can improve your appearance and help you get the toned abs you’ve always wanted.
But perhaps the most important reason to lose belly fat is to improve your health and reduce your chances of developing a disease like diabetes.